Jon Corbin is a Canadian hip-hop artist, spoken word poet, speaker, band leader, writer and DJ based in Milton, ON. Since 2001, first under the name The Runaway, Jon has blessed stages big and small with lyrical themes of faith, love, family, social justice, and personal growth.
Corbin is a veteran artist who has quietly carved a niche in Canada’s hip-hop community, collaborating with multiple Polaris Music Prize nominee Shad, Juno Award winner Caroline Brooks of The Good Lovelies, and many other revered emcees on both sides of the border.
As a speaker, Corbin speaks passionately on topics of identity, race and racism, mental health and community connections. As a musician, Jon provides a dynamic show that stays true to the basic tenets of hip-hop: peace, love, unity, and having fun!
Recommended if you like: Shad, Propaganda, Common, Nomis, Arrested Development
“The Canadian hip-hop & spoken word artist has an unorthodox style that although can be seen as simplistic, is very impactful and effective.” – Vince Porter, Artsoul Radio
“He’s got a flawlessly tight flow, and he’s not afraid to speak his heart, but he has these old-school beats that feel as raw as his locals. ” – Nathan Snelgrove, Unsung Sunday
“We need Jon Corbin plain and simple. In a world where negativity is running rampant, we’re bombarded by news of a failing world. I’m not sure Jon Corbin sees things like this as his latest cut “Every Day” is filled with positivity and hope that I genuinely believe everyone needs to listen to this. ” – OK Tho
- OK Tho “Every Day” Review
- Why Me Project (Ep. 98, Mar. ’19)
- Over My Head CKCU Ottawa (Feb. ’19)
- Girth Radio (In Session II, Dec. ’18)
- Militantly Mixed (Ep. 20, Nov. ’18)
- Militantly Mixed (Ep. 1, July ’18)
- Multiracial Family Man (Ep. 171, June ’18)
- Artsoul Radio “You Care” Review
- New H20 “You Care” Review
- Wikigod Podcast Interview
- Unsung Sundays “Hearts Set Ablaze” Review
- Unsung Sundays “A New Direction” Review